Attention: Licenses for the 2014 calendar year will be available beginning December 1, 2013.
- All dogs, 6 months of age or older on or before March 1 of the year in which an application is made, must be licensed within the county in which they reside. Licenses are valid for the calendar year in which they are purchased and must be obtained by March 1.
- License fees for calendar year 2013 are $10.00 for spayed/neutered dogs, $15.00 for unsterilized dogs.
- Seeing eye, lead or guide dogs or dogs that have previously served in a branch of the United States armed forces must be licensed but are exempt from the licensing fee.
- Current rabies vaccinations are required for licensing. The expiration date for the rabies vaccination must occur after March 1 of the year for which the the dog license is valid.
- One, two or three year licenses may be purchased, dependent upon the expiration date of the rabies vaccination.
- If a dog license is not obtained on or before March 1, a fine of $50.00 is possible. Subsequent offenses within 12 months of a prior offense could result in fines of $100.00.
- When renewing an existing license, please verify that the license needs to be renewed. You should not attempt to renew the license until you have reached the end of the existing license period.
- Lost tags require purchase of a new license.
- For questions regarding licensing, call (302) 855-7380.