- Property owner (developer) and/or his representative shall make a request to the Utility Planning Division for a Sewer System Concept Evaluation.
- Property owner (developer) and/or his representative shall meet with the applicable planning and zoning agency to determine if zoning is appropriate for the development being planned.
- With appropriate zoning, property owner (developer) and/or his representative shall send a letter (with appropriate application fee as listed below) requesting the Sussex County Council to consider extending the water and/or sanitary sewer district boundaries. (Sussex County Code)
Application Fees Less than 2 acres $500.00 2.1 - 9.99 acres $750.00 10 - 150.00 acres $1,500.00 Greater than 150.00 acres $2,500.00
- The Sussex County Engineering Department shall present, for Sussex County Council's consideration, posting of notices for the proposed extension of the district boundaries.
- The Sussex County Council approves posting notices for the proposed extension of the boundaries. (If approval to post the notices is not given, the appropriate fee is refunded.)
- Within ninety days of the posting of the notices, the Sussex County Council approves/disapproves extending the boundaries.
- The Sussex County Council approves/disapproves of the extension of the water and/or sanitary sewer pipelines under the appropriate Sussex County Ordinance.