Sussex County Environmental Services
Septage Hauler Program
- Inland Bays Regional Wastewater Facility
- 29445 Inland Bay Rd. Millsboro, Delaware 19966
Hours of Operation
- April-October: Weekdays 6:00AM-6:00PM
- November-March: Weekdays 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Saturday (Year Round): 8:00AM-1:00PM
- Holidays and Sundays: On Call Service (302) 855-7379
- $0.076 per gallon
- A copy of the State of Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) permit or a letter from DNREC that states they will permit hauling to the appropriate treatment plant for discharge.
- Proof (certificate of insurance) of commercial general liability insurance, minimum amount, $500,000 combined single limit per occurrence.
- Proof (certificate of insurance) of business auto liability insurance, minimum, $1,000,000 combined single limit per accident.
- Proof (certificate of insurance) of worker’s compensation and employer’s liability insurance (if applicable) minimum amounts; Delaware coverage, $100,000 for each accident, $100,000 for each employee for disease, $500,000 policy limit for disease.
- A valid copy of the waste hauler’s State of Delaware business license.
- Sussex County will accept liquid and solid waste pumped from a septic tank, cesspool, or holding tank provided that the property is located in Sussex County.
- Appropriate documentation must be provided at the time of discharge, such as:
- Holding Tank permit number
- Hook-up permit number
- Property owner name and address or tax map and parcel number
- Sussex County will not accept grease and cooking oils removed from grease traps and interceptors, sludge from other wastewater facilities, Industrial Waste, or portable toilet waste.
- Sussex County reserves the right to discontinue service if unstable conditions exist within the treatment process and continued operation of the septage program would further endanger the operation.
- Deliveries are subject to random quality assurance sampling at the discretion of the Environmental Service Department.