SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL FRONT FOOTAGE GRANT &
SYSTEM CONNECTION CHARGE DEFERMENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Sussex County offers a Front Footage Grant and a Deferment of System Connection Charges to property owners who: (1) were required to install or upgrade their septic system by DNREC within the last 5 years, (2) are now required to connect to a Sussex County sewer, and (3) paid more than $10,000 for the installation or upgrade.
Eligibility is based on the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) CDBG low-income levels shown below and subject to annual revisions.
|Family Size||Income Level|
In addition, applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Is current on all debts to Sussex County.
- Has no County Code Violations.
- Installed or upgraded septic system within 5 years of the final required Sussex County Sewer connection date.
- Liquid assets (cash, stocks, bonds, CDs, savings, etc.) and Real Estate, other than owner-occupied home, must be less than $15,000.
- Provide proof of purchase (of septic system or upgrade) with description, date and amount.
- Provide proof of DNREC permit.
Sussex County Utility Permits Division will accept applications to determine eligibility. For additional information, please contact the Utility Permits Division at (302) 855-7719.
March 6, 2018