Thank you for considering employment with Sussex County EMS (SCEMS), an exclusive ALS 9-1-1 EMS system that is medically aggressive and employee oriented. SCEMS is a third-service county government agency, providing advanced life support (ALS) for Sussex County, Delaware, the largest of three counties. We provide ALS service to a 964 square mile service area with a year-round population of over 230,000 people which grows to more than 500,000 in the summer months. Annually, we experience more than 29,000 responses. If you are a caring paramedic that strives to provide exceptional care with an employee driven department then SCEMS could be the ideal place for you.
If you would like to take the next step towards starting a rewarding career with us, please submit the following along with your employment application:
- NREMT Paramedic Card
- BCLS, ACLS, & PALS
- Driver’s License
- An official Motor Vehicle Driving record
- A letter from your paramedic training center indicating compliance with the DOT National Standard Curriculum, year of curriculum, and your completion date - only if you have graduated within the last two years.
Please download and complete the forms listed below and submit with your application.
- Identifying Information for Consumer Reporting Agency
- Authorization form to obtain Background/Credit checks
- Office of EMS Statement of Good Standing - This is to be completed by any state in which you are currently certified/licensed. You may submit your application while awaiting these to be completed.
If you have any questions, or need to submit any items after your application has been completed, please contact us at:
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application.
Robert W. Murray
Delaware Paramedic Protocols:
Paramedic Standing Orders, Guidelines and Policies
To request a "ride-along", please contact our Education Coordinator at the telephone number listed above.
In accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, it is the policy of Sussex County Emergency Medical Services to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or political or religious affiliations.